At Germosen Education Advisors, every student experiences personalized one on one college admissions guidance with the student's unique skills and families' priorities top of mind. Students will spend four, sometimes up to six years, in college. It’s a huge investment. Our goal is for each student to have an experience that will allow them to thrive, find joy, and grow academically, socially and financially.
Our Journey Comprehensive Package:
The journey begins with a thorough student and parent assessment and needs analysis consultation to determine goals, priorities, unique strengths and aspirations.
- Review the student’s high school transcript, standardized test scores, and extracurricular accomplishments and provide an honest and realistic assessment of student options.
- Discuss high school curriculum selection and provide guidance for subsequent years’ classes.
- Provide recommendations for standardized test options, including strategies on when to take the tests and test preparation methods.
- Identify, review and develop a thorough college list of best fit schools including reach, match, and safety schools and discuss course correction, as needed.
- Work with students to brainstorm, develop, review and edit compelling college essays for primary and
- Outline a college visitation strategy that includes an evaluation checklist, follow up with admissions advisors, and other demonstrated interest approaches.
- Identify strategies to secure recommendation letters from teachers, guidance counselors, coaches, volunteer leads and others.
- Conduct mock interviews and provide interview coaching on what to expect when meeting with
- Work closely with students and families to ensure all aspects of the application deadlines (Common App submissions, recommendation letters, financial aid/scholarship deadlines, etc) are complete AND submitted on time (preferable early).
Finally, we guide families through the final college selection process and ensure that student and family
have the information needed to make the best college selection decision.